Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Flashback - Halloween Creature Feature

A little Creature Feature for All Hallows Eve courtesy of a distinctively off-beat band, The Cramps. The Cramps, formed in 1976 by the only permanent band members, Lux Interior and Poison Ivy (pictured, left), are credited with beginning the 'Psychobilly' sound; a unique mix of Punk, Rockabilly and Surf Music. I copied this from a blurb on Last FM:

"The content of their songs and image is sleaze, trashy Americana (much in the style of filmmaker John Waters), sexual fetishism, clever bad jokes, and cheap, horror B-movie clichés."

What's not to like about that?









The Cramps - Goo Goo Muck - Live 1981



And a pair from the same live show in 1980, fimed for Urgh! A Music War:

The Cramps - Human Fly - Live 1980



The Cramps - I Was A Teenage Werewolf - Live 1980



Not the best audio on the last two, but I like watching the live cuts. I enjoy the lyrics from Human Fly:

Well i'm a human fly
it's spelt F-L-Y
I say buzz,buzz,buzz,and it's just becuzz...
I'm a human fly and i don't know why
I got ninety six tears in my ninety six eyes

I got a garbage brain, it's drivin' me insane
And i don't like your ride, so push that pesticide
And baby i won't care, cuz baby i don't scare
Cuz i'm a reborn maggot using germ warfare

Happy Halloween!

~Sham, Quixotic Referee

*edit* Blogger is acting funny. For some reason the post options keeps prohibiting comments, even after I deleted and reposted this entry. I'll try to fix it tonight.

1 comment:

Michael Curtis said...

This means that I'll have to stop by my storage place on the way home today. I think I remember what box "A Date with Elvis" and "Stay Sick" are in...