Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday

Every Wednesday, I’ll roll on the table below, and then on the indicated Whimsey Table, and share the exact wording found in my very crude often ridiculous 25 year old handwritten notes from the early 80’s.

Random Whimsey Determination Table (2d6)

2-4 Basic Whimsey Chart (d00)
5-7 New Whimsey Chart (d00)
8-10 Nyark Ripplesnap’s Whimsey Channel (d00)
11 Gorfaxio Gondoro’s Whimsey Table #1 (d20)
12 Gorfaxio Gondoro’s Whimsey Table #2 (d20)


Today’s Roll: 9, 10

"Target has been summoned by an unknown force on an unknown plane to do an unknown deed."

Have a Whimsical Wednesday.

~Sham, Quixotic Referee

2 comments:

Michael S/Chgowiz said...

Hey, that's my job description!

Sham aka Dave said...

LOL!

I'm actually a bit surprised I was channeling such an "old school" mentality even at the tender age of 15 or 16. Even though this Whimsey effectively removed the target from the session, I do recall this effect occuring twice. Once I took the player off for a sidebar, and made the details up on the fly. He was able to eventually perform the service in exchange for being returned to his own world. Another time, the character was whisked back home with a well-worded Wish by the other party members.