Thursday, January 29, 2009

In case you missed it...

I've added a handy link over to the right there under the "Sham's OD&D Stuff" section for all of the PDFs I've loaded to Orbit Files for The Dismal Depths. I'm planning to share some more of the files as I work on the megadungeon, but the grand plan is to make a complete 10 level (42+ map) dungeon crawl adventure suitable for campaign play with enough creative space for referee's to make it their own. At my current work pace this will take some time, but I feel this might be a project which is a more reasonable undertaking than the much wordier, involved Ulin-Uthor, The Dim Expanse megadungeon. Hang in there! I'll be adding some information to the project in the near future after completing some other more pressing creative efforts.

Anyway, there's the link I promised but forget to announce properly.

~Sham, Quixotic Referee

6 comments:

Michael Curtis said...

I'm looking forward to more installments when time allows, Sham. This is an excellent format to use in detailing a dungeon.

It occured to me after reading this post that I sort of took your idea and ran off with it. In retrospect, I realize that I never asked if it was alright for me to use this format on my own dungeon side project. I kind of let my excitement carry me away.

Do you have any problem with me continuing to write-up and post Stonehell in this manner? Since it's all your idea in the first place, I'll gladly cease my own efforts (after tomorrow, as I have the final part of Level 1 ready to go tomorrow morning) so you can keep this method your own. I don't want to step on your toes.

Sham aka Dave said...

Mike: The short answer: No!

I enjoy seeing others use, change, alter, or be inspired by my ideas on gaming. I hope that my ramblings here at Ye Auld Grog & Blog continue to provide seeds for adventure. By all means go to town with the one-page thing. As Alex Schroeder pointed out in the comments of the original post, there's nothing new under the sun (as he had already done something very similar).

I've been impressed with the efforts by both you and Chgowiz. I hope other referees can be as enthusiastic about this innocent one-page idea.

Carry on my dungeon designing brother!

Anonymous said...

Sham, link to your PDFs is broken!

Pedro Gómez-Esteban said...

Just writing to say I'm enjoying both your and also Mike's "modular dungeons" *enormously*.

Not only are they great stuff to use as-is, they are also inspirational. So please, keep it up, guys! We want more :)

Michael Curtis said...

Carry on my dungeon designing brother!

Thank you! Will do.

Sham, link to your PDFs is broken!

Orbitfiles is currently upgrading their server(s). They hope to have things back up and running soon.

Not only are they great stuff to use as-is, they are also inspirational. So please, keep it up, guys! We want more :)

Thanks for the kind words, Pedro. Now that Sham has assured me that it's o.k. to do so, I'll be continuing my own contributions in the coming months.

Sham aka Dave said...

Thanks Pedro! I just wish I had the time to crank them out at a faster clip. It's amazing how many game projects one bloke can keep himself busy with.