Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dungeon Drawings

Driver aka Scott is looking for some information in regard to a particular old school gaming supplemental tool he found an ad for in an old copy of The Dragon magazine from the early 80's called Dungeon Drawings. Here's the image (which I assume Scott scanned himself, so kudos to Driver):


While I personally cannot be of any help in his efforts to locate said product, I can take this image one step further. Not only has it inspired me to possibly (given the time) make some crude pencil sketches in the same motif, but I'm thinking it might be an entertaining exercise in showing how a referee might actually use the images pictured above.

So, with that I'll tackle the 'middle image'; that of the chamber with the door flanked by the pair of crossed weapons mounted on the wall.

Stay tuned for the room details.

~Sham, Quixotic Referee

1 comment:

Scott said...

A commenter on my blog suggested writing to that address on the off chance that someone involved with the original product, or someone related to them, still lives there. As soon as I remember to stop by the post office, I'm going to take a shot at it.